11 May 2012

Inspiration

Sometimes I think we try to take on the entire weight of the world; We put it on our shoulders and walk around weighted down because we feel like that's what we should be doing. We forget that our time here is fleeting. We forget that all of these things we work for can't go with us when it's our time to say "goodbye". We forget to enjoy the little things. We forget that our God is great and though our human shoulders and hearts cannot handle that much weight for an extended period of time, His strength and His heart are boundless, and He can. I'm good at that-the forgetting thing. I am great at worrying. Probably borderline obsessive compulsive, actually. I get caught up in worrying if the bills are getting paid, and how much is going to gas, and how much is being spent elsewhere. I get caught up in worrying about money, and work, and how clean the house is. I forget that laughter is beautiful. I forget that it is amazing to just walk outside on a sunny day and look around at the beauty our Father has blessed us with. I forget that just laying around the house with my husband is fun and fulfilling. I always have to be moving, doing something, being productive. But I need to open my eyes and look around. There is so much to be inspired by, so much to smile and laugh about. There is so much to praise God about. Everything always works out. It will fall into place, even if I don't check the bank account four times a day. The bills will get paid on time, even if I don't check them at least once a day to make sure they aren't due. I'm great at being responsible. I'm great at walking around like nothing's wrong, all the while balancing a mountain of stress on my shoulders. Now, I just have to get great at enjoying the health, and love, and friends that God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment